The Beautiful History of the Faithful Church: How to Respond to the New Atheists is a small group Bible study designed to be used for 7-8 weeks.
It’s purpose is to equip Christians to give an answer when skeptics accuse Bible-believing Christians of being racist, slaveholding, anti-scientific, colonialist, Nazi inquisitors.
If you have heard . . .
- . . . that Christians burned people at the stake, perhaps you will rejoice when you discover that Bible-believing Christians were the primary opponents (and victims) of the Inquisition.
- . . . that Christianity was the enemy of science because Galileo went before the Inquisition and was exiled by the church, maybe your faith will be encouraged to know the truth—that Galileo never rejected the Bible, and Christianity was actually the source of the true Scientific Revolution!
- . . . that the Bible was the foundation for racism or Southern slavery, then maybe your faith will be encouraged when you discover that the Bible was the basis for abolishing slavery!
- . . . that Christians were colonialists and imperialists, and missionaries victimized the darker races, destroying their cultures, you may be amazed at the true stories of evangelical missionaries and their efforts at opposing scientific views on racial superiority.
- . . . that fundamentalist Christians were Nazis, you may be interested to learn that the only internally organized opposition to Nazism was the Confessing Church, made up of Bible-believing Christians.